TC Essential Oils
Tea Tree - Organic
Our truly versatile oil, Melaleuca, or Tea Tree, essential oil holds many different compounds and limitless applications. Tea Tree oil is distilled from the leaves of the Australian tea tree (Melalenca alternifolia.) Although it is highly toxic when ingested, thanks to its antibiotic, anti-fungal, antiseptic, expectorant and antiviral properties, tea tree oil has a surprising number of topical uses which can help cure or prevent a whole host of everyday maladies, which is why it is often referred to as a “medicine cabinet in a bottle.”
- Acne Treatment - Tea tree oil’s antimicrobial terpenes content also makes it popular for combating acne
- Scalp and Hair Health - Tea tree oil has proven to be very beneficial for the health of both your scalp and hair. It’s often used as a non-drying, non-damaging alternative to harsh chemical dandruff shampoos
- Insect Bites and Stings - Tea tree oil works incredibly well for treating mosquito and other insect bites and stings. It disinfects as well as helping to bring down any swelling. Apply tea tree oil diluted in a carrier oil liberally to affected areas to disinfect the wound, lessen pain, and prevent itching
- Make an all-purpose cleaner - In a 1-quart glass spray bottle, add 10 drops of tea tree oil to two cups hot water and a half-cup vinegar and spray
- Nail Fungus - Tea tree oil has the ability to kill parasites and fungal infections, which is why it’s so popular for use in fighting toenail fungus, ringworm and athlete’s foot
Botanical Name: Melaleuca alternifolia
Plant Part: Leaves
Processing Method: Steam Distilled
Cinnamon Bark, Clary Sage, Clove bud, Geranium, Lavender, Lemon, Myrrh, Rosemary and Thyme.
Cautions: Dilute before use; for external use only. May cause skin irritation in some individuals; a skin test is recommended prior to use. Contact with eyes should be avoided.
General: As with all essential oils, never use them undiluted, in eyes or mucus membranes. Do not take internally unless working with a qualified and expert practitioner. Keep away from children. If applying an essential oil to your skin always perform a small patch test to an insensitive part of the body (after you have properly diluted the oil in an appropriate carrier.
IMPORTANT: All TC products are for external use only unless otherwise indicated. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease, and it should not be used by anyone who is pregnant or under the care of a medical practitioner. Please refer to our policies for further details, and our disclaimer below.