TC Essential Oils
Oregano - Organic
Oregano oil is derived from the leaves and flowers of oregano (Origanum vulgare), a hardy, bushy perennial herb, and a member of the mint (Lamiaceae) family. Oregano is a plant instinctive to higher altitudes and normally grows in the mountains, which is how it got the name “Oregano”, which means “Delight of the Mountains”.The health benefits of Oregano Essential Oil can be credited to its properties as an antiviral, antibacterial, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, digestive, and anti-allergenic substance.
- Relieve bug bites and rashes, including poison ivy rash. Apply oregano oil diluted with olive oil on the affected areas
- Help heal cold sores, dandruff, and other skin conditions.
- Using diluted version to treat acne and rosacea
- Protects against infectious organisms, including bacteria, yeast, fungi, and parasites
- Helps relieve respiratory and sinus conditions, and seasonal allergies
- Relieve muscle pain, insect bites, and minor skin conditions
Botanical Name: Origanum Compactum Benth
Plant Part: Herb
Processing Method: Steam Distilled
Lavender, Rosemary, Bergamot, Chamomile, Cypress, Cedarwood, Tea Tree and Eucalyptus.
Cautions: Dilute before use; for external use only. May cause skin irritation in some individuals; a skin test is recommended prior to use. Contact with eyes should be avoided.
General: As with all essential oils, never use them undiluted, in eyes or mucus membranes. Do not take internally unless working with a qualified and expert practitioner. Keep away from children. If applying an essential oil to your skin always perform a small patch test to an insensitive part of the body (after you have properly diluted the oil in an appropriate carrier).
For educational purposes only. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.