TC Essential Oils
Dill (Anethum graveolens) is an annual herb in the same family as celery and a popular culinary herb in many countries, particularly in Europe. The name is derived from the Norse word dilla meaning 'to lull'. The flowers of the plant are yellow and grow in flattened, compound umbels.TC Dill essential oil is extracted from the seed of the plant.
Dill oil has a spicy, fresh scent that is considered stimulating, revitalizing and balancing.
- Supports digestion and overall GI health
- Provides powerful antioxidant protection
- Purifying to the body’s systems
- Diffuse with Bergamot and Lemon to lessen stress and anxious feelings.
- Massage 1-2 drops into the soles of the feet or over the liver each day to support detoxification
- For calming, diffuse as needed, or inhale 1 drop from your hands
- Consider blending with Roman Chamomile, as well
Botanical Name: Anethum sowa
Plant Part: Seeds
Processing Method: Steam Distilled
Blends well with: Dill Seed works well with other spice oils, Elemi, Peppermint, and Caraway.
Cautions: Dilute before use; for external use only. May cause skin irritation in some individuals; a skin test is recommended prior to use. Contact with eyes should be avoided.
General: As with all essential oils, never use them undiluted, in eyes or mucus membranes. Do not take internally unless working with a qualified and expert practitioner. Keep away from children. If applying an essential oil to your skin always perform a small patch test to an insensitive part of the body (after you have properly diluted the oil in an appropriate carrier.
This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.